The Tele-Sitter Associate will report to and support the Supervisor of Operations of Equum Medical.
Equum Medical is seeking a Tele-Sitter Associate to provide virtual observation of selected patients for the purpose of identifying behaviors which are potentially hazardous to self or others in accordance with facility policies and procedures and reports needs and concerns to the licensed nurse
Tele-Sitting Associate will provide responsible observation and monitoring of assigned patients. This role will be the first line of interaction with the patient when there is unsafe/risk observation of behaviors. Effectively and efficiently engage with nursing staff if the patient requires assistance. Fully aware and compliant of both institutional and hospital related policies.
This job works collaboratively with a licensed nurse and Patient Care Technicians under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse to maintain patient safety and provide for the delivery of basic patient care; provides constant observation of the patient (remains with the patient); notifies nursing personnel of changes in behavior or status when leaving the room; and intervenes as needed to maintain patient safety and/or prevent patient elopement. Communicates effectively with co-workers, patients, family, and visitors and may be required to perform other non-clinical duties as assigned if no patient safety attendant assignment is available.
This role will be a 12hr night shift and some weekends.
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of “solutions software”
- Always maintains visual observation of patients. Verbally redirects patients through our communications platform, immediately engage the nursing staff when the patient requires assistances.
- Required patient monitoring for extended period of times up to a minimum of 6 hours per shift
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to patient assignment and individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN.
- Participates in appropriate hand-off/transfer of knowledge of pertinent information and observed behavior about the assigned patients when arriving on or completion of an assigned shift. In partnership with the nurse, arrange breaks and time away from monitoring station for any reason to avoid any gap in patient monitoring.
- Will be responsible for monitoring patients for long periods of time
- Respectfully provide appropriate explanation to the patient when appropriate but does not counsel or provide opinions.
- Seeks immediate help or advice when the patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others.
- Works collaboratively in identification or reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment is safe and seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazards from the room and reports findings to the nurse leader
- Follow and comply with workplace safety policies and procedures.
- HIPAA, Confidentiality, and Infection Control Compliance
- Follows office procedures with regard to HIPAA documents and adheres to HIPAA privacy mandates; adheres to confidentiality policy
- Maintains a clean and safe environment in the patient care area
- Assists with the plan of care as delegated by the staff nurse/department lead within the scope of practice
- Communicates effectively with patients, families, and multidisciplinary team
- Adapts to change in a positive, constructive manner
- Demonstrate EQUUM Medical’s core values
- Capable of continuous monitoring up to 16 patients in one screen at one time and remaining alert while on duty
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients using microphone and headset
- Ability to effectively communicate with hospital staff and respond quickly to patient behavior changes
- Ability to use discretion and courtesy when working with patients, visitors, and staff
- Ability to navigate technology, patient monitoring platform, and system requirements when monitoring patients
- Basic Microsoft Windows Experience
- Works well and can prioritize in simultaneous situations
Qualifications And Minimum Requirements
- Certification preferred (Nurse Assistant/Medical Assistant)
- Hospital experience preferred
- Experience with computer data entry
- Previous clinical experience preferred
- High School graduate or G.E.D.
- Good communication skills
Salary and Benefits:
- Health and Wellness
- Paid time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualified degrees
- Parental Leave